Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Backpacking

Now this is backpacking in style! That would be me being carried on my Dad's pack frame. We did a lot of hiking when I was growing up. Not sure I enjoyed every trip, but I certainly learned to enjoy it as I got older. I remember many trips to Evans Notch and Grafton Notch in the White Mountains and trips to Baxter State Park in Maine. The hiking gene seems to be missing in my teenage son, but hopefully he finds it again as he gets older.

While in high school, my Dad and I took an annual summer trip to Baxter State Park to hike and fish. We spent time at Wassataquoik Stream, Russell Pond and Wassataquoik Lake. In 2007 my wife, son and I hiked the 7 miles in to Russell Pond from Roaring Brook Campground and had a great time. Here are some of my favorite photos of that trip.



Wassataquoik Lake


 Greene Falls


Moose at Russell Pond

                                                                                                                                                         

 
© 2010, copyright William C. Haskell

No comments:

Post a Comment