Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) What day of the week were you born? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.
Here is mine -
1. My birthday is April Fool's Day, 1 April 1966 and this was a Friday. I found the day by using a perpetual calendar in the back of my journal which is published by Lee Valley Tools.
2. Historic events that occurred on April 1 - I used Randy's link for historic events
705 Greek pope John VII chosen as successor to John VI
1793 Volcano Unsen on Japan erupts killing about 53,000
1865 Battle of 5 Forks Virginia, signaling end of Lee's army
1928 Chiang Kai-shek's army crosses Yang-tse
1970 John and Yoko release hoax they are having dual sex change operations
3. Famous birthdays that occurred on April 1 - I used Randy's link for birthday events
1809 Nikolai Gogol, writer
1852 Edward Austin Abbey, U.S., painter, Quest of the Holy Grail
1883 Lon Chaney, CO, man of 1000 faces, actor, High Noon, Phantom of Opera
1939 Phil Niekro, knuckleball pitcher, New York Yankees, Atlanta Braves
1966 Odie Harris, NFL safety and defensive back for the Houston Oilers