Monday, December 13, 2010

Advent Calendar Day 13 - Holiday Travel

Prompt for December 13 – Holiday Travel
Did you or your ancestors travel anywhere for Christmas? How did you travel and who traveled with you? Do you remember any special trips?

I have not done much traveling during the holidays, but what I have done, I sincerely disliked. The times that I did travel was when I was going to graduate school in Colorado and having to fly back to Maine at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think holiday travel increases the normal travel stress by several times. I remember spending far too much time in the airports in Denver, Colorado and Chicago, Illinois because of weather delays. These days we drive about 20 to 30 minutes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to our parents' house in a neighboring town. That is perfect!
© 2010, copyright William C. Haskell

No comments:

Post a Comment