Friday, December 3, 2010

New Gloucester Proprietors - Chapters 1 & 2

As I have indicated previously, several of my Haskell ancestors were early residents of New Gloucester, District of Maine. I have found several articles published in the Lewiston Journal Illustrated Magazine in 1908 that provide a very interesting account of how the town was founded. These articles quite interesting to me, as I grew up in New Gloucester and lived there for 15+ years. There is a lot of great genealogy information in this article. The article "The New Gloucester Proprietors: Their Days and Descendants Chapters 1 & 2" written by Anson Titus in the May 16-20, 1908 edition of the Lewiston Journal Illustrated Magazine was found on the Google News site.



© 2010, copyright William C. Haskell

No comments:

Post a Comment