Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Advent Calendar Day 21 - Christmas Music

Prompt for December 21 – Christmas Music
What songs did your family listen to during Christmas? 
 We listened to it all. Some of us even played it. I liked playing Christmas carols on my trumpet and sometimes on the piano, although I was not very good on the latter. As I noted in an earlier post, my Mom enjoyed Amahl and the Night Visitors which we had on a record.

Did you ever go caroling? 
 I remember going caroling the first year we had moved to New Gloucester and one neighbor came out with a gun. They never had carolers before and were suspicious. We became good friends with those neighbors after that. We only had three neighbors that lived close enough to walk to, so I don't remember going caroling very often.

Did you have a favorite song?
I like them all but if I have to choose, then I would say "Hark! the Herald Angels Sing".


© 2010, copyright William C. Haskell

No comments:

Post a Comment